API which allows to find out if a issue belongs to a search filter or JQL

Pravin Bansal January 3, 2018

Hi, Is there any API which allows to find out if a issue belongs to a search filter or a JQL.

While a webhook callback is received , we need to know if a particular issue belongs to a saved filter or JQL, is there any logic which can be written to find this out.

Thank you

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

There are two ways to do this.

Write some code which reads all the filters in the system and works out if the issue matches any of them

Write some code which runs each filter (probably with a prepended "key = x" clause) and see which ones return a single result.

0 votes
Pinky Agarwal January 3, 2018

also Nic i couldn't get "Write some code which runs each filter (probably with a prepended "key = x" clause) and see which ones return a single result."

Could u describe a bit details, thanks 

0 votes
Pinky Agarwal January 3, 2018

Thanks for your reply Nic, however i believe there might be a standard way,  as i look at the sprint board, issues gets added to the board as they matches the issues criteria even with out refresh , that means there is a logic which keep figuring out if an issues matched.

the only reason we are avoiding writing lots of if else code on key and value basis is because that custom fields to issues and there matches with filter might impact as there names (key) are updated in filter or JQL. 

Suggest an answer