API Access to Internal(INT-XXX) Tickets

Lekhnath Khanal July 17, 2016

Couldn't find any way to add an update to JIRA internal ticket. When I go to browser, I can update the ticket(I mean I can add a work log entry) but couldn't do it using API. In my case, internal tickets are like "INT-123". Why aren't they accessible to API? Or how can it be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2016

>but couldn't do it using API

Which API, what are you trying to do, does other stuff done via this API work, and what is the error message or symptom of this failure?

Lekhnath Khanal July 17, 2016

I was trying the worklogs api. Error message was "You don't have permission"(something like this).

I can see them in my browser.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2016

Ok, I was looking for REST or Java API as an answer to that, I don't know what you mean by "worklogs api", but I guess it's the worklog functions within REST or Java.

"You don't have permission" is pretty clear - your code is logging in with a user who does not have the rights to work on the issue.

Lekhnath Khanal July 20, 2016

Ok, thanks for your reply. My concern is, if I am permitted to add a worklog entry from web application, why I am not permitted to do that using API?
I was talking about WORKLOG api.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2016

It's still probably that your code is logging in with a user who does not have the rights to work on the issue.

Lekhnath Khanal July 21, 2016

But I can add work log entry from web browser.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2016

I'm not sure how else to say this - if your API call can not do something, but you can do it in the UI (or the other way around) then the users you are using for the two actions have different permissions.

Suggest an answer