API Access to Internal(INT-XXX) Tickets

Couldn't find any way to add an update to JIRA internal ticket. When I go to browser, I can update the ticket(I mean I can add a work log entry) but couldn't do it using API. In my case, internal tickets are like "INT-123". Why aren't they accessible to API? Or how can it be done?

1 answer

0 votes

>but couldn't do it using API

Which API, what are you trying to do, does other stuff done via this API work, and what is the error message or symptom of this failure?

I was trying the worklogs api. Error message was "You don't have permission"(something like this).

I can see them in my browser.

Ok, I was looking for REST or Java API as an answer to that, I don't know what you mean by "worklogs api", but I guess it's the worklog functions within REST or Java.

"You don't have permission" is pretty clear - your code is logging in with a user who does not have the rights to work on the issue.

Ok, thanks for your reply. My concern is, if I am permitted to add a worklog entry from web application, why I am not permitted to do that using API?
I was talking about WORKLOG api.

It's still probably that your code is logging in with a user who does not have the rights to work on the issue.

But I can add work log entry from web browser.

I'm not sure how else to say this - if your API call can not do something, but you can do it in the UI (or the other way around) then the users you are using for the two actions have different permissions.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,968 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot