AD integration

Евгений Шупик March 20, 2023

Hello! Need some help with Active Directory integration. We have a special account (svc-jira) in our domain so we are planning to use it with Jira. But some connection tests were failed, for example:

group acquisition test - failed;

group member acquisition test - failed;

test user can be authenticated - failed.

So I'd like to ask about all the requirements for our account 'svc-jira' - what AD groups should it be a member of? Thank you for support.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hi @Евгений Шупик ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

As JIRA Admin, please check Application access groups. Moreover, please share direcroty configuration.

Fabio

Евгений Шупик March 20, 2023

You know - I'm just added this account to 'Domain admins' group and it works but this is not safe. I think I should to create a special group for this account - can you advice what exactly rights do I need?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hey @Евгений Шупик , please go to the Administration -> Applications -> Application access and check what groups have been defined there. 

Suggest an answer