AD Location attribute-based Mail Handler?

Amanda {Praecipio} August 6, 2014

Is there a way to leverage AD profile information to route emails to a specific help desk using JEMH?

For example, my AD attribute says my location is Texas. I send an email to help@help dot com and because my AD attribute says Texas, it sends my email to the Texas support desk.

Or any other sort of AD attribute availability within JIRA? I know there's User Profile Plug-in in Conlfuence, but I have not found anything for JIRA.

Running JIRA latest, btw. Thanks in advance! -a

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2014

Hi Amanda,

JEMH has Project Mappings that can route by domain, if the inbound mailbox is the same and the sender domain is the same (for all users) you're out of luck right now. If the sender domain was @texas.somedom.com you could route based on the sender domain.

Ths sounds very much like a candidate for a new LDAPAttribute Rule type, its a good idea for orgs with a central LDAP infrastructure.

With an LDAPAttribute Rule, if the senders attribute was 'texas' is would then Route to the associated Project Mapping (potentially different project per attribute value, but could be the same project, and each rule would route to a component).

Ive logged a feature request for this: https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-2733

Likely it won't get looked at until after summit.

Amanda {Praecipio} August 7, 2014

Thanks so much for your prompt reply!

Suggest an answer