ACA Aggregation Gauge Gadget Usage

Sabina Ahmed October 26, 2017

I am trying to use the Aggregation gauge gadget that is a part  of Project Metrics plugin from ACA

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/be.aca.jira.plugins.aca-agile-gadgets/server/overview

If you have used this in the past then please let me know how to configure this gadget and where can I apply this gadget?

I don't understand what the settings like, minimum, maximum, safe limit and warning limits are for. 

Appreciate your help!

-Sabina

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Hi @Sabina Ahmed ,

I noticed this is a very (yes, very) old question. And I am sure that by now you have probably found out how it works or chosen to reach your goal in a different way.

Still, when I ran into this question, I can explain how it works and suppose that may still be useful information.

The gadget displays a numeric range as a gauge. It can be used to track any numeric field in Jira against a given target, as I will explain with an example below.

Suppose we have a project that we would like to visualise track budget consumption for. Let's assume we have a budget of 6 weeks in total and we log work against tasks in the system. With the aggregation gauge, that may look like this on a dashboard:

Screenshot 2021-10-11 at 19.33.04.png

We specified limits for the gauge to define both the scale for tracking progress and setting the colour of the chart.

• The Minimum is the start of the chart on the left hand side (0 days in the example)
  • The Maximum is the top number of the chart's scale, so the right end of the chart (6 weeks in the example)
  • The Safe limit is the moment we consider as "everything's fine" - as long as our aggregated result remains below the safe limit, the gauge will display as green (4 weeks in the example).
  • The Warning limit is the moment we defined as the point of risk or potential action to be taken. When the warning limit is crossed, the gauge will turn red. (in the example, this will happen when we spent more than 5 weeks of our 6 week budget).

By playing around with the above limits, you can easily set up tracking gauges for some of your most important KPI's!

Suggest an answer