A way to navigate without popups

Sergey Zolotaryov May 2, 2012

Our company has recently installed JIRA 4.1#519 and I am having trouble navigating the issues using popups. Is there a way to open an issue from the dashboard not in a popup dialog, but on the same page in the browser? The thing is, I have a not that big of a monitor (2-nd monitor for the browser), and popup is limiting the view to a small portion on the screen, I want to see it fullscreen.

3 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2012

Oh, didn't realise you were talking about greenhopper.

0 votes

Here is the html of the sprint view element:

[code]

<a title="View this issue in JIRA - ACP-789" onclick="return Boards.viewIssue('ACP-789', event);" href="/browse/ACP-789">

<em>ACP</em>
<small>-</small>
<span>789</span>
</a>
[/code]
What I want is achieved by removing the onclick handler.
[code]
<a title="View this issue in JIRA - ACP-789" href="/browse/ACP-789">
<em>ACP</em>
<small>-</small>
<span>789</span>
</a>
[/code]
Perhaps I'll just replace one of the jira js files with a modified version of Browse.viewIssue().
0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2012

Not sure I totally understand... you can prevent popups for the resolve dialog by putting the following in the announcement banner. You should be able to do it through disabling a plugin component, but I can't find which one right now.

&lt;script type="text/javascript"&gt;
(function($){
    $(document).ready(function(){
        AJS.$("a.issueaction-workflow-transition").removeClass("issueaction-workflow-transition");
    });
})(AJS.$);
&lt;/script&gt;

Thank you Jamie. I'll try it out.

Suggest an answer