A single issue with multiple resolutions by version

lophat April 18, 2013

Maybe this is just wishful thinking. I am evaluating JIRA, and one of the things people want here is one issue with multiple fix versions, each with their own status/resolution, so you can close an issue in one version, but leave it open in another. Currently in Telelogic Change, we just have two seperate changes.

I can already tell this probably wouldn't work in JIRA, but are their clever ways some of you handle this? From what I see so far you could use linkage, subtasks, I saw a plugin that supported parent child relationships, but am just exploring right now, trying to think of how to make this relationship of issues easier for users.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

Hi James, good thing about JIRA is that you can customize the workflow to 'almost' whatever you need. But, in this case I think Jira issues are more meant to be like an issue per version, if you have to do the same change but for other version it's more like it should be on another issue, that way you can have better statistics. Issues grouped by version.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

I'm afraid this is not possible, but once the issue is created you could create for each Version a clone and then work on these clones seperatly.

Suggest an answer