It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

A separate project for non-technical bug reports and requests?

Right now our team has a entirely separate project called "REQ" which the entire non-technical staff uses to create bugs, feature requests and tasks. Then my job as a PM is to go through, validate bugs and feature requests, and move them to the real WEB board, where they get prioritized and put into the sprint.

I feel like this a weird system and we might be better served by having a single board and then just having a workflow step to validate things before they get put on a dev board.

What are people's thoughts? Does anyone else have a similar setup? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

@Ingrid Hartman,

Your actual way works, but the best way is use one project with a good workflow. The workflows are such powerful at JIRA, you can do a lot of things with it.

I think the better way is your idea have a single board and then just having a workflow step to validate things before they get put on a dev board.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Calling all Jira Cloud users! Give us feedback on our exploration of a new navigation.

Hi everyone! My name’s Matt and I’m a product manager at Atlassian. I work in the navigation & findability space for all our Jira Cloud products. We’ve been working on trying to improve the exp...

968 views 15 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you