A separate outgoing address for the project

Hi

I want some projects to have a different e-mail address to notify.

For example:
The Helpdesk project must send notifications from helpdesk@domain.com
The bussines project must send a notification from bussines@domain.com

For testing, I'm currently using gmail.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 24, 2017

Hello,

You can setup outgoing address for each project. You can read more here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-email-notifications-802592925.html

Go to Configuring a project's email address part

This widget could not be displayed.
Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team Nov 24, 2017

Hi, Alexey/Tomasz.
Please allow me to step in.

For outgoing messages, I don't believe we can have more than 1 email address since the notifications will be coming from Jira's outgoing mail and you can just configure a single email there. We also have a suggestion for this feature as you can see at the link below:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-2075

What we can have here is different mail handlers for different projects that will see incoming messages, and then turn them into tickets.

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 24, 2017

I think the ticket concerns notifications to customers, not agents. You can not setup a different email for customer notifications not for agents. Then for service desk you can setup email in the outgoing email settings and all emails by default will be sent from service desk user address but for business project you can set up in the project and all emails from the business project will be sent from the project email. In business projects there are no customers. That is why it should work. Or I do not understand something?

You can read the comment of Sabine Van Regenmortel in the mentioned by you ticket.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

579 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you