A separate outgoing address for the project

Tomasz Bryła November 24, 2017

Hi

I want some projects to have a different e-mail address to notify.

For example:
The Helpdesk project must send notifications from helpdesk@domain.com
The bussines project must send a notification from bussines@domain.com

For testing, I'm currently using gmail.

2 answers

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2017

Hello,

You can setup outgoing address for each project. You can read more here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-email-notifications-802592925.html

Go to Configuring a project's email address part

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2017

Hi, Alexey/Tomasz.
Please allow me to step in.

For outgoing messages, I don't believe we can have more than 1 email address since the notifications will be coming from Jira's outgoing mail and you can just configure a single email there. We also have a suggestion for this feature as you can see at the link below:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-2075

What we can have here is different mail handlers for different projects that will see incoming messages, and then turn them into tickets.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2017

I think the ticket concerns notifications to customers, not agents. You can not setup a different email for customer notifications not for agents. Then for service desk you can setup email in the outgoing email settings and all emails by default will be sent from service desk user address but for business project you can set up in the project and all emails from the business project will be sent from the project email. In business projects there are no customers. That is why it should work. Or I do not understand something?

You can read the comment of Sabine Van Regenmortel in the mentioned by you ticket.

Suggest an answer