A query that filters for a specific task name after is meets criteria

Harvey Bennett April 30, 2019

I am looking to create a filter to show a specific task that fall under an epic IF a separate task under the same Epic is marked as "Done". The epics that are being checked against is a group that matches certain criteria as well. So I might have epic A,B,C I need each one of these to be iterate through and determine if for instance if Epic A has one of the task if it matches a certain name and it is marked as complete. If it is pull back another task under that epic A with a certain name to show up on the dashboard. Repeat for all epics that need to be checked against. Is this feasible? I have ScriptRunner and JQL Tricks but I'm not sure if those two plugins are able to handle this "IF" logic either.....

Thanks for any insight!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2019

You might be able to achieve this with the issuesInEpics and epicsOf functions from scriptrunner.

For example, the following filter returns all open issues in epics where at least one of the child issues in that epic is closed.

project=JSP and status !=closed and issuefunction in issuesInEpics("project= jsp and issueFunction in epicsOf('project=JSP and status = closed')")

Note that you have to repeat your project file in the sub-query to make is as efficient as possible. But that's still a possibly very slow query.

Also, notice the reversed quotes. The first subquery is included in double quotes, the second in single quotes.

And of course, you can further refine the subqueries

Suggest an answer