A problem about usage of Jira Versions

强 张 April 18, 2024

When the Versions field is in use, the drop-down box search must be entered from the first letter in order to search successfully, should not be entered any characters contained in the version can be searched

3 answers

0 votes
Bo Zhao
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2024

Hi @强 张 

Fuzzy search might have been a default behaviour before but it seems Atlassian has changed it.

To do a fuzzy search, simply add ~ to the end of a single term, e.g. in your case, you can search for 0~

强 张 April 22, 2024

It do not work when search for 0~

0 votes
Bilal Younas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2024

It sounds like the Versions search functionality in Jira is limited, requiring you to start your search from the first letter of the version name.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Hi @强 张 and welcome,

version fields in JIRA shows unreleased list of versions first and you can filter that list typing release name. What is your desiderata?

Fabio

强 张 April 19, 2024

Such as my versions contain V1.0.1,V1.0.2 and  V1.1.1,  when I type '0', it can show V1.0.1 and V1.0.2. But now it show nothing.

Simply put, it's a fuzzy search.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events