A newer version of the Universal Plugin Manager is available. Update now! But it won't update.

Theodore Duffy May 31, 2012

I get the message A newer version of the Universal Plugin Manager is available. Update now! and when I click the link on Update Now, the page loads a bit and nothing else happens. Nothing loads, nothing updates, the page doesn't change, the message never goes away.

4 answers

3 votes
Marcel_R__Ackermann June 26, 2012

I had exactly the same problem when trying to upgrade from 2.1.5 to 2.3 on JIRA 5.0.6 (using Firefox 13.0.1).

However, when I picked the Universal Plugin Manager from the list of installed (system) plugins, I was able to click the "update" (?) button there and installed UPM 2.3 succesfully.

Since there has not been any new update messages from the UPM I cannot tell whether the bug still exists with 2.3.

2 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

I got the exact same problem after upgrading from v2.2.3 to v2.2.4 on JIRA v4.4.4

Then the next day UPM v2.3 was available... the upgrade went great and the problem went away.

To double check what I just wrote I have just this moment upgraded my 2nd JIRA server... v2.2.4 to v2.3 and no false "A newer version.... is available" warning afterwards.

0 votes
Ronald de Vries September 14, 2012

UPM 2.7.2 on v5.1#768-sha1:38ad524

The update problem is back again. I get this : Problem accessing plugin file at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin/version/131.

But a browser on the server configured with the same proxy settings can actually reach it. Manual updates of plugins seem to work, but automatic updates don't.

BenW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2012

rondv10,

This is a different issue. Your error is while updating the JIRA FishEye Plugin, not while updating the UPM.

Please file a ticket in the UPM project (https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/UPM) with information about your JIRA version, current plugin version and the version which you want to update to, and we'll take a look. Thanks!

0 votes
BenW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2012

There is a known issue with UPM 2.1.x where the UPM update banner is broken. It is fixed in UPM 2.2.

See this question and answer for more information.

Cheers,
Ben

Suggest an answer