A mandatory custom field is blocking issue create flow tough it's not in create issue screen

Abhrajit Sarkar February 17, 2014

Hello,

I have created a custom text field which is mandatory. I used it in a dedicated field configuration throug field configuration scheme. This field does not belong to Create Issue screen (customized screen for this project). However, while trying to create a ticket, I am getting an error saying the custom field is a required field.

How can I avoid it. This field actually associated to a screen in the closing stage.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Abhrajit

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2014

You can't.

If a field is mandatory, you have to enter it on issue create. It doesn't matter what screens you are using (they are just a list of fields to throw at the user at relevant times, they say nothing about field behaviour)

The trick here is

1. Find a plugin that provides a "validator" for "field is mandory" (I tend to use the one in the Jira suite utilities, but there's quite a few others)

2. Make the field optional

3. On the "close" transition, use the validator

Abhrajit Sarkar February 17, 2014

Thanks a ton Nic.. the trick you provided worked. Appreciated heartily.

Suggest an answer