A list of all JIRA icons

julf June 30, 2017

I found once a page listing all JIRA icons and visuals, but I find it anymore. Can anyone help me?

Thank you

4 answers

11 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2017

Hi Julien,

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

If you're looking for product icons and design guideline images, you can see those here: https://atlassian.design/guidelines/marketing/overview and https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/latest/docs/icons.html

If you mean the avitars for issue types, end users can see them here: https://yourJIRAurl.com/secure/ShowConstantsHelp.jspa?decorator=popup#IssueTypes  You can get to this page by clicking the "?" icon, next to the "Issue Type" field, on a Create screen.

Admin users can see avitars on the "Issue types" page. (Admin > Issues > Issue types)  And if you're a server user, you could also see them in the file system and listed in the database.

If you're talking about something else, let us know and someone from the Community can take another stab at answering.

Cheers,

Rachel Wright

2 votes
Dave van _t Veld January 23, 2019
Joachim Weichert January 23, 2019

Hi Dave,

thank you for your link. It helped me in some way, but it was not exactly what I was searching for.  In your link under "Iconography" I found a design-guide how to style these  JIRA-Icons:

JIRA-confluence_bw-linear_3.jpg

But there are some other Icons, especially in "confluence", with totally another design:

JIRA-confluence_bw-linear_alle.jpg

And for these Icons I'm looking for a style-guide just like for the others.  

Do you have an idea, if there ist such a style-guide? I couln't find anything about these icons. Thank you an d best wishes

Joachim

Dave van _t Veld January 24, 2019

No problem Joachim - I just happened to come across that link, as well as this forum question, and thought that site in general (so all the items on the left-hand menu of it, not just avatars) might be handy for people here.

That site should give you all the info you need for the general Atlassian design specs. If you want to make more of the same icon I would just grab one of the existing Confluence icons and then use that to modify it into what you want. Some proper icon editing software would help as well.

Like Joachim Weichert likes this
Joachim Weichert February 14, 2019

Hi Dave, 

thank you. That's the way I did it: I took some existing icons as a pattern and designed my new ones with Adobe Illustrator. But if you reszie the small original icons the resolution is not very good. It would be easier if you have an *.svg or a *.eps to work with.

Here are my new icons:

Confluence-Icons_fertig.jpg

Like # people like this
Dave van _t Veld February 14, 2019

Looking good Joachim! Yes, with them being relatively straight forward the easiest would be just to create your own. Starting from an existing icon/image you'd probably need to trace it and make a vector out of it to scale it up without it looking bad.

Good luck with the rest :-)

Joachim Weichert February 14, 2019

Hi, Dave. Thank you for your hel. That's the way I do it.

Yours and some greetings from germany.

0 votes
Rafal Sojka February 16, 2022

Hope this link will be useful for someone: https://atlassian.design/foundations/iconography

0 votes
julf July 2, 2017

Thanks for your answer Rachel

Maybe I wasn't specific enough :).   I am talking about a kind of "design guidelines" page that displayed the full Jira iconography, with multiple issue type icons, including old ones (part of the them are of course in use in Jira, but there was a large choice of other icons), different kind of priority types icons, and more visual elements.     Maybe someone knows this page?    Otherwise I'd happy if you could point me to more issue types icons.    Thanks a lot 

Pete Jones August 22, 2018

Perhaps this is what you want?
Open a JIRA ticket, Click "Edit", click the ? next to the "issue type" dialogue..

P

julf August 22, 2018

Thank you Pete - but no, it was an external page with way more icons for JIRA.

Roger Abreu December 21, 2018
Joachim Weichert January 16, 2019

Thak you for this information. I although tried to find a list of all the available icons. But I can not open this link. I always only get the information:

Warnung.jpg

This page is not safe.  Is there another way to get this Info? Thank you.

Suggest an answer