A different flavor to "only when assigned" question

Jay August 31, 2013

So, I'm trying to have issues be hidden at all times but once they are assigned to 1 dev, I want them to be able to be viewed by QA also.
Why this is difficult is, I don't see a permission that fits all of this.

You can limit it to current assignee, but that keeps the other guy from seeing. If I could assign to 2 users that would be fine also.

If I open it up to all they will be able to see all issues including ones I don't want them to see.

Thanks for any help.

2 answers

0 votes
Jay August 31, 2013

That sounds right, is there any way you can explain more?

The documentation show apples, oranges etc. It doesn't not show how use multi users with security levels.

Thanks

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2013

Rambanam is correct: add a multiuser picker field ("Visible to"). Then once assigned add people to that Field (e.g. your QA persons). Add in your Security level that this issue is visible to assignee and members of customfield "Visible to".

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2013

did you tried issue security level? you can restrict to indivisual user, groups or project roles

check this document for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+Issue-level+Security

Jay August 31, 2013

If I open it up to just groups, then they will see other unassigned issues that are in the same project, correct?

That's why, it seems, I have to limit it to assignee.

Unless you can help me find another way. I want issues to be private until they are "released" to anyone, at that point, anyone can see them.

Thanks.

Jay August 31, 2013

I guess I'll ask, how would you do it?

Thanks

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2013

your question is how to restrict to issue to two people, is it correct?

if yes then you can create mutiuser picker field and add user to that field.

using issusecurity level you can restrict to people who are in that multi user picker.

check th document it has more information

Suggest an answer