It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

A custom 'estimate' field is not shown on issue-edit, even it should appear according to 'admin-helper'

Tal Jun 01, 2013
A custom field, named "Dev estimate", which is based on the "Original estimate" type of field, was assigned to the "story" issue. It was also associated with the "Story [create or Edit]" screen (field is marked with v). _In spite of the above_, when opening a story for edit (or creating a new story) - this field is not shown. Running the 'Admin helper' plugin to check "Where is my field" leads to a positive result (3 green v marks) - "The 'Dev Estimate' field should be present on the form you are viewing". So why can't I see this field? what other reason can prevent it from being visible during edit?

8 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jun 01, 2013

You say "which is based on the original estimate type of field" - that implies you're using a custom field plugin to provide the "dev estimate" field. Is that true? If it's not, then can you tell us what type of field "dev estimate" is?

Tal Jun 03, 2013

Correct. We use JIRA Toolkit Plugin 0.34.5. Should it be related?

Tal Jun 03, 2013

Correct. We use JIRA Toolkit Plugin 0.34.5. Should it be related?

0 votes
Tal Jun 10, 2013

Any clue, anyone?

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jun 10, 2013

Well, it might help if you answered the question I asked before. Again - what type of field is it?

0 votes
Tal Jun 10, 2013

As I wrote below last week, your assumption is correct. We use JIRA Toolkit Plugin 0.34.5. Should it be related?

Since this is the latest version of the plugin, what can be done to solve this issue and make the custom field visible?

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jun 10, 2013

I don't understand why you are not answering the question, and there's not a lot we can do to help you until we have an answer.

For the third time, what type of field is it?

Telling us you have the Jira Toolkit might be helpful in the long run, but it doesn't tell us what type of field your "dev estimate" is. The list of custom fields will tell you what type it is.

0 votes
Tal Jun 11, 2013

I'm not sure what is info missing. The original post above states: "A custom field, named "Dev estimate", which is based on the "Original estimate" type of field..."

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jun 11, 2013

Argh. Please. Just. Answer. The. Question.

"Based on" tells us absolutely nothing of any use about the field. What do you mean by "based on"?

More importantly, for the fourth time, what type of field is it?

0 votes
Tal Jun 11, 2013

Field type is "Original Estimate":A field that enables original estimate searches by hours and allows in-line editing.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Introducing subtasks for breaking down work in next-gen projects

Teams break work down in order to help simplify complex tasks. This is often done iteratively, with tasks being broken down into smaller tasks and so on until the work is accurately captured in well-...

1,009 views 13 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you