A custom 'estimate' field is not shown on issue-edit, even it should appear according to 'admin-helper'

A custom field, named "Dev estimate", which is based on the "Original estimate" type of field, was assigned to the "story" issue. It was also associated with the "Story [create or Edit]" screen (field is marked with v). _In spite of the above_, when opening a story for edit (or creating a new story) - this field is not shown. Running the 'Admin helper' plugin to check "Where is my field" leads to a positive result (3 green v marks) - "The 'Dev Estimate' field should be present on the form you are viewing". So why can't I see this field? what other reason can prevent it from being visible during edit?

8 answers

0 vote

You say "which is based on the original estimate type of field" - that implies you're using a custom field plugin to provide the "dev estimate" field. Is that true? If it's not, then can you tell us what type of field "dev estimate" is?

Correct. We use JIRA Toolkit Plugin 0.34.5. Should it be related?

Correct. We use JIRA Toolkit Plugin 0.34.5. Should it be related?

Any clue, anyone?

0 vote

Well, it might help if you answered the question I asked before. Again - what type of field is it?

As I wrote below last week, your assumption is correct. We use JIRA Toolkit Plugin 0.34.5. Should it be related?

Since this is the latest version of the plugin, what can be done to solve this issue and make the custom field visible?

0 vote

I don't understand why you are not answering the question, and there's not a lot we can do to help you until we have an answer.

For the third time, what type of field is it?

Telling us you have the Jira Toolkit might be helpful in the long run, but it doesn't tell us what type of field your "dev estimate" is. The list of custom fields will tell you what type it is.

I'm not sure what is info missing. The original post above states: "A custom field, named "Dev estimate", which is based on the "Original estimate" type of field..."

0 vote

Argh. Please. Just. Answer. The. Question.

"Based on" tells us absolutely nothing of any use about the field. What do you mean by "based on"?

More importantly, for the fourth time, what type of field is it?

Field type is "Original Estimate":A field that enables original estimate searches by hours and allows in-line editing.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

145 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you