A couple of questions relating to JIRA

Laura Barrett February 3, 2014

I wonder if anyone can help:

· Is there any maximum storage limit on a Jira instance?

· Can we take an archive of Jira issues and then look at these later but not via .csv or .excel. We want them to be in a viewable (Jira Like) format so we can navigate to see comments, attachments etc.

· Can we force a field to be completed when using the workflow – i.e. once we change the status to ‘Awaiting Sign Off’ if someone else accepts this before the status is updated we would like a mandatory field to be completed which would be to upload a sign off document.

Does anyone know if these aspects are possible?

4 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2014

You need to handle attachments separately. The easiest is to copy the entire folder structure along with the files and use the same folder location (i.e. D:\jira-attachments) for attachments on the new system. I'm not familiar with the OnDemand version so that may not be possible. As long as you keep the subfolders intact you can set the top level in the system options and should be fine.

0 votes
Laura Barrett February 10, 2014

Thank you very much for your answers, please can I clarify relating to 2:

Will all of the attachments be exported? ie absolutely everything for import into the local version (if upgraded to this)

thanks again,

LAura

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2014

1. 25Gb, but if you go over that, you can pay for more

2. Yes, but not in a Jira-like format. The xml export can grab will have everything, but you'll need a good way to read it

3. You need to use a "validator" on the the transition if you want to force people to enter data into a previously empty field. I'm not sure you can validate for "attachment is attached" on OnDemand though

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2014

Hi Laura,

Cheers! :)

Suggest an answer