A configuration change has been made in section 'Plugins'

Gonzalo Benítez December 18, 2016

Hello

I am getting this message "A configuration change has been made in section 'Plugins' at 19/Dec/16 7:09 AM. It is recommended that you perform a re-index" just after a reboot of Jira, and the problem is we didn't make any changes, Why am I getting this message? It is in our PRO environment but, in DEV and TEST, we are getting this messages too, althouth the dates are different. 

Does exists any plugin that can do some changes automatically?

I checked the log but nothing extrange appears.

Greetings

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2016

The flag to show you that message is set by the add-ons as well as the core of JIRA.  Generally, JIRA will recommend a re-index on just about any upgrade or installation of an add-on, even though some don't really require it at all.  If, for example, you add an add-on that provides a new custom field type, then a re-index is not strictly needed until the admins have added one or more fields of that type.  JIRA errs on the side of caution there.

There are also add-ons that want a re-index for changes of config.  The add-on can tell JIRA to set the flag if certain changes are made in the config.

The short answer is that you, or one of the other admins, has made a change to an add-on, either a version, a new one, or a config change, and it wants you to re-index.   So you probably should.

There is no harm in not doing it straight away.  The worst case is the configuration change it wants to re-index for simply means the searches or reporting may look wrong for the fields in the add-on, or a search may not work for a specific function until a re-index is done.

Suggest an answer