A complex filter

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

I've been banging my head on this, but I'm curious if someone can lend a hand.

I need a filter that basically:

1. finds issues assigned to particular people (done: "assignee in (membersOf(QA)) ORDER BY Rank ASC")

2. but of the issues that are closed, only show those that were closed within 2 weeks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Use this:

assignee in membersOf(QA) and status changed to Closed after -2w ORDER BY Rank ASC

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2012

i tried something like this, but the problem is i don't want to limit to closed items. it should retrieve items in any status BUT if they are closed, only the most recent (2 weeks). that's where i'm stuck.

real world-scenario: a filter for our kanban board (to do | in progress | done) set up so done (closed) items don't end up eternally filling up the column.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2012

How about

(All your search terms except status) AND (status in ("All statuses you want") OR status changed to closed after -2w)

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2012

You are definitely a JQL guru! ;)

One tweak was needed and that is to exclude Closed in the list of statuses I want.

(All your search terms except status) AND (status in ("All statuses you want EXCEPT Closed") OR status changed to closed after -2w)

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2012

lol. Glad it worked.

Suggest an answer