A Jira SD Agent with no project roles can't comment publicly

Baybars Kumbasar January 4, 2017

Hello,

I have a JIRA SD user with an agent license. He can login to the agent portal (not sure what to call it) and also of course to the customer portal. 

From the customer portal, he can add comments to issues that has him as a request participant.

There is a SD project and he is not a "member" of that project. However, he was given the permission to comment on the issues in that project. He is now unable to add public comments to the issues within this project but he can add private comments only: I assume this is a default function/feature of JIRA SD but I'd like to know if I can somehow give him the permission to post comments publicly . 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

You don't give licences to users.  They become agents (and then consume a licence) when you set them up to be agents in the application management.

This user is not set up as an Agent in that project.  They are able to comment as they've got some access, but they're not an agent.  Check the permissions and roles for the project.

"You don't give licences to users.  They become agents (and then consume a licence) when you set them up to be agents in the application management." 

I add them to "jira-servicedesk-users" and that takes up an agent license, that's how they can be assigned to a project role. Maybe I did not use the correct words but you must be getting my point. 

So, yes, the user does not have a "role" in that project but have the permission to "add comments"  but I'd like the user to not only add comment internally, but also "share with customer". I'd like to know if it's possible. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

This user is not set up as an Agent in that project

Okay, the question is: Can I make a non-agent communicate with a customer directly?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2017

No, that's the role of an agent.

Thanks! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2017

Sorry if I came across as grumpy - I've just been through a call where someone did not understand how licences work in Atlassian stuff, and refused to listen.  It's quite frustrating, and I should not have reflected that here, as you were not making that mistake!

No worries, you helped me quite a bit. Thanks again! 

Suggest an answer