A JIRA attachment event plugin

I would like to make a plugin with some kind of a listener when an attachment is uploaded / or dragdropped. Anyone who might help?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Adding attachment should throw an issue updated event. Try capturing that in a listener.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Writing+JIRA+event+listeners+with+the+atlassian-event+library

Hi Jobin, Is it possible to capture event object on Issue PostFunction to get the attachment object? I have a transition screen where many other fields also exist. On submit, I have some scripts execute on post function. Instead of having a separate listener to get the event object, can I get the attachment from event log? From issue object, I will get all the attachment objects and I need to check the timestamp of each attachment object which is not an ideal way of handling attachments. Could you please suggest?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

125 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you