A JIRA attachment event plugin

leejimin1006 May 31, 2012

I would like to make a plugin with some kind of a listener when an attachment is uploaded / or dragdropped. Anyone who might help?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

Adding attachment should throw an issue updated event. Try capturing that in a listener.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Writing+JIRA+event+listeners+with+the+atlassian-event+library

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2015

Hi Jobin, Is it possible to capture event object on Issue PostFunction to get the attachment object? I have a transition screen where many other fields also exist. On submit, I have some scripts execute on post function. Instead of having a separate listener to get the event object, can I get the attachment from event log? From issue object, I will get all the attachment objects and I need to check the timestamp of each attachment object which is not an ideal way of handling attachments. Could you please suggest?

Suggest an answer