A Board disappeared, what could the reason be?

Yiheng Cen December 18, 2015

I am the system administrator with global permission.

In a certain project in which I am not involved as a developer, I created a group with the name of colleage A and my name and assign this group to the developer role of this project. (In this case, there are a long list of developers and a small group as developer).

Since this colleague A was assigned as Agile Master previously and has his name in the developer role already, he thus has "double" permission in this project. Colleague A is responsible for creating boards and so on in this project.

After a while I thought that having his name in a group with the developer role and simutaneously his single name in the developer list was unnecessary. I therefore remove this group (which includes me and colleague A) from the developer role. At this moment I also lose the permission to view the project since I am not the one the developers any more.

Since then he could not view the items in the project any more, although his name was still included in the long list of developers.

With the help of another system administrator, I was granted the developer role in this project again. But the board which was created by colleague A disappeared! No board was viewable in the project!

My last try was to establish a new board again.

Suddenly everything went well. The colleague A is now able to view the project again and the board which created appeared again!

The danger was solved but I can not explain why all these happened!

Maybe anyone can help/explaine?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2015

Check the permission scheme for Exactly what the "browse" permission says

Suggest an answer