• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • 6.4.7 to 7.0 Jira upgrade. If I have a Jira license and an Agile License, what happens to the licenses after upgrading?

6.4.7 to 7.0 Jira upgrade. If I have a Jira license and an Agile License, what happens to the licenses after upgrading?

I read the following page about the licenses i'm still not clear on what exactly happens to the existing JIRA and Agile licenses.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/jira-7/server_jira_upgrade

Also, If you already have a JIRA license, the actual JIRA application will be upgraded to "JIRA Software" with the 7.0 ugprade, correct?

2 answers

We have the same question. Can we install JIRA Software with the old license (JIRA 6.4.6)?

Same question - I have a server installation of JIRA + JIRA Agile and my license for both is valid through March 2016. Do I have to *purchase* JIRA Software and relinquish my current licensing? Or will JIRA Software accept my current licenses? We are trying to add JIRA Service Desk and don't want to do unnecessary work (or pay unnecessarily for licensing...).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

439 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you