500 error: Sorry, we had some technical problems during your last session

Elisabeth May 11, 2017

I have 2 issue types, and 2 different workflows for both. When i create an issue with 2nd issue type, the issue will not display and throws 500 error with java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.

When i try to change the issue type of the same issue by bulk update - move option to issue type 1, the issue displays with out any error.

I tried to debug and found that the problem is with associated workflow for IssueType 2. When i tried to import the same workflow from UAT environment to prod, it works fine.

The problem is, i am unable to figure out the difference when i am comparing both workflows. Kindly throw some light, how can i verify and find the root cause. Looking for directions.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2017

You've got a broken function on the create transition by the look of it.  Have a look at the validators and post-functions on the transition and see if any of them might be broken.

Elisabeth May 11, 2017

Thank you Nic for the quick response, i too felt same and verified everything. But could not find any difference :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2017

Ok, we'll need to see more of the error message - the java.lang.reflect.blahblahblah should have a lot more text around it, lots of lines of "caused by"

Elisabeth May 12, 2017

OopsError1.png

Suggest an answer