500 error: Sorry, we had some technical problems during your last session

I have 2 issue types, and 2 different workflows for both. When i create an issue with 2nd issue type, the issue will not display and throws 500 error with java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.

When i try to change the issue type of the same issue by bulk update - move option to issue type 1, the issue displays with out any error.

I tried to debug and found that the problem is with associated workflow for IssueType 2. When i tried to import the same workflow from UAT environment to prod, it works fine.

The problem is, i am unable to figure out the difference when i am comparing both workflows. Kindly throw some light, how can i verify and find the root cause. Looking for directions.

1 answer

0 votes

You've got a broken function on the create transition by the look of it.  Have a look at the validators and post-functions on the transition and see if any of them might be broken.

Thank you Nic for the quick response, i too felt same and verified everything. But could not find any difference :(

Ok, we'll need to see more of the error message - the java.lang.reflect.blahblahblah should have a lot more text around it, lots of lines of "caused by"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,113 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you