500 error: Sorry, we had some technical problems during your last session

Leonard Kong April 20, 2017

I am setting up Jira.

Selected the Software Development option.

Set up the Administration Account to:

Charlie of Atlassian, my email, Username: Charlie

When I hit Next, I get error

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: No Crowd Application available.

How I got here:

following instructions for: https://confluence.atlassian.com/atlas/guide-to-installing-an-atlassian-integrated-suite/here-be-dragons.

This is my second attempt. The first attempt was from installing Jira 6.4.14-x64. I got all the way to step 2, even though I installed project tracking instead of Software Development. When I attempted to install the Agile Plugin, I got an error indicating a server error and to contact system admin.

Decided to clean my installation, delete the atlassian directory, and delete the Postgres jira database, then reinstalled the Jira 6.3.15-x64 version of the program per the here-be-dragons instructions

With this installation, I get the above error when I click next from the "Set up Administration Account" screen.

I'm guessing something needs to be cleared from my account settings.

here is a better excerpt from the log:

Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: No Crowd Application available.
at com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserUtilImpl.createUserInDefaultDirectory(UserUtilImpl.java:277)
at com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserUtilImpl.createUserInDirectory(UserUtilImpl.java:302)
at com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserUtilImpl.createUserNoNotification(UserUtilImpl.java:292)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.user.DefaultUserService.createUserNoNotification(DefaultUserService.java:355)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.SetupAdminAccount.doExecute(SetupAdminAccount.java:180)
... 184 more
Caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: No Crowd Application available.
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.addUser(CrowdServiceImpl.java:290)
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.DelegatingCrowdService.addUser(DelegatingCrowdService.java:85)
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.addUser(FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.java:51)
at com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserUtilImpl.createUserInDefaultDirectory(UserUtilImpl.java:254)
... 188 more

Any help would be appreciated, I would like to get through all the steps.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Hi @Leonard Kong ,

please take a look to the following ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-37930

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer