5.2 upgrade broke Windows service

Peter Callies
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012

I upgraded my test JIRA system from 5.0.1 to 5.2. It appeared to upgrade successfully, but when I try to start the Windows service, I get an error stating:

Windows could not start the Atlassian JIRA (DEV) service on Local Computer

Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified

Please let me know how to resolve the problem or how to gather more information to help with diagnosis.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2012

Thank you Peter, I have officially reached the 5K karma points mark.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2012

Just bringing forward the Atlassian issue that is fixing this problem.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3051

Andrew Morin December 12, 2012

Thank You !!

0 votes
Darren Pegg November 13, 2012

I fixed this -

The path to the serrvice executable is ...JIRA\bin\tomcat6.exe

Within the folder I see tomcat7.exe

I renamed the file in the directory to match the filename within the Service properties and I was then able to start the service.

A also renamed tomcat7.exe.x32/x64 to tomcat6.exe.x32/x64 and tomcat7w.exe to tomcat6w.exe in case are needed.

Regards

Darren

Darren Pegg November 13, 2012

But obviousy this https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=312739859 works.. Which I didnt come across until now... Thanks Norman :-)

Suggest an answer