403 Forbidden Error: JIRA Cloud REST API projectCategory

Deleted user December 18, 2017

Hi,

We're currently getting a 403 Forbidden error when calling the the JIRA Cloud Rest API for projectCategory from an Atlassian Connect Express app. In our development instance the app is provided all scopes in the atlassian-connect.json, as follows:

"scopes": [ 
"READ",
"WRITE",
"DELETE",
"PROJECT_ADMIN",
"ADMIN",
"ACT_AS_USER"
]

Interestingly as an authenticated user in the browser we can hit "https://ourinstance.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/projectCategory" and the anticipated JSON object is returned containing a test project category which was created manually through the JIRA instance administration.

The simplified request code within our application is as follows:

AP.request({
url: '/rest/api/2/projectCategory',
type: 'GET',
contentType: 'application/json',
success: function(response) {
console.log(response);
},
error: function(response){
console.log(response);
}
});

Other REST API calls (e.g. issueTypes) are working as anticipated from the Connect Express app. Is there something we're doing incorrectly with authentication? We have "JWT" listed a the authentication type in the atlassian-connect.json.

Any input, suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Thiagarajan C January 12, 2018

I am having the same issue. Did you find any solution to this ?

Deleted user January 22, 2018

No not yet. I've also posted over on the developer forums, but haven't had any responses.

Interestingly, the API request works using Postman with an API Key. So I'm thinking it has to be related to permissions with how we're executing the request within the app.

Have you had any luck finding an answer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events