301 redirect for another URL

I've configured Jira to a public domain where HTTP (port 80) is redirecting to HTTPS (443). It is being hosted on a Windows 2008 R2 server running tomcat.

We have a 2nd domain that I'd like to use as a 301 redirect to the Jira domain hosting on the same server. I know how to do this in IIS, but it cannot use port 80. How can I configure tomcat to handle this particular 301 redirect? I'm unsure what file would need to be modified

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Jason Worley Atlassian Team May 13, 2013

Greetings!

The changes you are after are saved to the server.xml file located in the conf subdirectory of your JIRA Installation Directory.

Here is a link that discusses this in more detail:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+JIRA's+TCP+Ports

Cheers,

Jason | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

135 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you