2 mails from JIRA for a Comment

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

This anoys me a lot.

Every time a customer has commented a JIRA Issue (actually also on support.atlassian.com) I get 2 mails:

XXXX updated SUPPORT-1000

XXXX commented on SUPPORT-1000

The Notification scheme says:

Issue Created
  • All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Project Role (Developers)
  • Reporter
Issue Updated
  • All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter
Issue Assigned
  • All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter
Issue Resolved
  • All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter
Issue Closed
Issue Commented
  • All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter
Issue Comment Edited
  • All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter
Issue Reopened
  • All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter
Issue Deleted
  • All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter
Issue Moved
  • All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter

But why is a comment also a update (well there is no Issue Edited, I suppose thats why).

I guess I cant remove the Issue updated, as an actual Edit notification to the issue will be missed then.

But its stupid to recieve 2 mails....

3 answers

0 votes
Kyle Schuetz June 20, 2012

I only skimmed the post, my apologies. I just had one of our developers make this change because he wasn't receiving the desired amount of notifications. If I think of any further solution to your problem I will post in here.

0 votes
Kyle Schuetz June 19, 2012

I think that there is a way to not receive two emails every time a change is made.

1. Log into your personal profile from the drop down menu next to your user name in the upper right hand corner of the system dashboard.
  2. Once you are your personal profile, there is a option 'My Changes' under the 'Preferences' section, click the pencil in the right hand corner of the preferences section to edit your personal preferences.
  3. Select the option 'Do Not Notify Me' from the 'My Changes' drop down menu in the 'Preferences' screen.

Hopefully this is helpful.

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2012

@Kyle - is set, note my post:

I get 2 mails:

XXXX updated SUPPORT-1000

XXXX commented on SUPPORT-1000

XXXX is the name of the person commeting the post.

0 votes
Igor Loskutov
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2012

This is not normal appearance - can you show issue change history for example?

Suggest an answer