2-legged oauth requests automatically enabled at startup? (JIRA/Stash integration)

Mike Kessler November 22, 2013

Every time the server running JIRA reboots, the 2-Legged OAuth requests need to be reenabled. If it's not, some of our plugins don't work and the Application Navigator at the upper left hand corner does not show up for JIRA.

How do I get the 2-Legged OAuth enabled every time the server reboots?

1 answer

0 votes
PedroA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2013

Hi Mike, how you doing? =)
Your query indeed makes totally sense.

However, there is an internal service (monitor) that already does that, see the error below from a failure process in retrieving an application link information:

2013-11-09 10:15:25,124 StreamsCompletionService::thread-9224 WARN admin    

com.atlassian.streams.internal.ActivityProviderConnectionMonitorImpl:activityProviderMonitor 

[atlassian.streams.internal.ActivityProviderConnectionMonitorImpl$ActivityMonitorJob] 

Could not reach provider Stash; it will be omitted from the stream. The connection will be retried in 5 minutes

So basically JIRA in this case will 'ping' Stash again in 5 minutes to see if it can establish an app link again. I believe it is the time it will take to find your application link again. Can you confirm? If we dig deeper I believe we can check for the occurrence of this 'ping' into the logs and determine on which frequency it will "renew" your connection.

Please let us know how it goes.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers,
Pedro

Suggest an answer