2 Jira Server

Lior Efraim March 30, 2015

Hi,

Can I connect 2 JIRA Servers to the same SQL server (same database)?

to have two servers with the same data for load balance (not cluster).

Regards,

Lior

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2015

No.

If you have two JIRA installations, you must have two separate datasets for them, and they will be separate systems.

Lior Efraim March 31, 2015

There is maybe different solution for that? maybe third party software? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2015

There were a couple of attempts at clustering by third parties in the past, but they really didn't work in any useful way. I saw one of them work for a very specific situation, but it couldn't be upgraded or handle certain types of addons. I think the main question is "what are you trying to achieve", rather than the "how" ("I want to load balance" - doesn't tell us why think you want to do it, and you might be running towards the wrong solution to your problem) Jira data centre *might* be an option, but we'd need to know what the goal is

Lior Efraim March 31, 2015

I want to install two JIRA servers, every JIRA server will be in different network, I want to open specifics ports connections between JIRA servers. I don't want two different JIRA servers, If someone will open ticket from server number 1 it will be updated to the second server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2015

I'm sorry, that contradicts itself - you want two JIRA servers, but you want the same database? That means one JIRA. Could you explain it in terms of "services" instead? Without talking about servers or databases, explain how many Jira services you want to end up with.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2015

(Sorry, hit comment too early) In other words, are your users logging into one service, or many different ones?

1 vote
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2015

Hi Lior,

For a scalable solution, there is only JIRA Data Center: https://www.atlassian.com/enterprise/data-center

Suggest an answer