2 JIRA Instances and 1 SVN repository

Serdengecti September 5, 2017

Hi together,

I have an old project "Test" in one JIRA instance and another new project "Test" in the other JIRA instance.

The old project has a connection to a SVN repository. The SVN link is created if you comment in SVN f.e. with "[Test-123] xyz..."

What will happen if I connect the new project with the same SVN repository and after some issues I will have the issue number 123 and the SVN link will start with "[Test-123] xyz.." like in the old project. So after a while the issue number in the new project with the same name will overtake the issue number in the old project and then we will have a problem with the SVN links because you have "[Test-123]" twice.

So concretly what will happen there?

And what should I do to circumvent eventual problems? 

Best regards

Serdengecti

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2017

Hi Serdengecti,

what will happen is, that one SVN commit is linked to two Jira issues in two different Jira instances. But I think, you know this already...

I would create a new project with a new project key (not Test) and move all the issues from your new Test-project to this one.

So they get a new key and you have no problem with SVN.

Serdengecti September 7, 2017

Thanks for your answer.

But we also have problems with the migration. During the migration the Subversion ALM entries will disappear.

How can I solve this problem?

Kind Regards

Serdengecti

Suggest an answer