10 mailboxes single service desk project

Maitrey Patel March 5, 2018

Hi,

I need to setup 10 mailboxes for 10 different regions. Based on the mailbox it should be allocated to a specific regional queue. For example:

india@xxx.com should be moved to Indian regional queue.

UK@xxx.com should be moved to UK regional queue. and so on. I have 10 email addressed and which will be used to identify queues. How can I configure my Service Desk project and I have JEMH license as well. I am new to JEMH. Please guide me through this. 

Thanks,
Maitrey Patel

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maitrey Patel March 9, 2018

Thanks @[deleted],

Your suggestion helped a lot. Domain mapping worked for me. I applied the same rule as per your link with Domain Mapping. I used "Match against the addressee ?" to verify receiver mail address. Label mapping didn't work for me. Now I have 10 domain mapping for the single profile and set up a custom field which helps me to create regional queues.

I can't mark your reply as answer. Thanks again. 

Thanks @Andre Lehmann

0 votes
Maitrey Patel March 7, 2018

We could use Jira's default Mail handler with N email addresses for a single project. That works as well, all mailboxes are creating issues for the single project. But how to identify that from which mailbox issue was created.

Deleted user March 7, 2018

Hi Maitrey,

Reece from The Plugin People here (JEMH vendor), 

André's suggestion seems like it could work for you. You could use JEMH Project Mappings combined with Domain Rules to automatically assign a label to a created issue based on the domain of the email that created the issue.

If you have a JEMH license with valid maintenance, you can discuss this with us further via our support Jira: The Plugin People Support

Kind Regards,

Reece 

Maitrey Patel March 8, 2018

Hi Reece,

I don't have the option for domain mapping in my case. The domain would be the same for all emaill addresses like india@xxx.com or uk@xxx.com or uae@xxx.com. Can I use the same method to apply my rule?

Thanks,
Maitrey 

Deleted user March 8, 2018

Hi Maitrey,

You can match on the full address rather than just the domain, if that is what you need. 

Kind Regards,

Reece

Technical Support-R4L July 4, 2018

Thanks, Reece.  Very helpful scenario and instructions. 

0 votes
Andre Lehmann March 5, 2018

Hi,

I'm not quite sure where to do that in JEMH (because there are plenty options) but thats how I would do that:

Auto-add a label for every created issues based on the email. Than you can easily create queues based on that label.

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JEMH/pages/2850852/Enable+Auto+Labelling#EnableAutoLabelling-EnableAutoLabelling

Kind regards
André

Maitrey Patel March 5, 2018

Thanks Andre,

But how would identify from which email address issue was created and how to configure multiple email addresses for a single project?

BR,
Maitrey

Suggest an answer