It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

1 Issue in 2 Projects

Hi

We 1 project that needs work done from more than 1 team. So in the main project, all the stories will be created and then moved to whatever team will be doing the work.

The PM still needs to see in what state the main project is. Is it all possible in JIRA 5 to have 1 issue cloned to another project in such a way that any changes done on either issue will reflect on both?

Thanks Guys,

Juan

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

No. An issue belongs to a single project.

The best you can do is duplicate the issue and then link it to the original, then you'll need to find or write something to keep the two in synch.

Jip....thats what I thought.

Is there a plugin that can do this, that you are aware of?

Not that I know of.

Most places don't see the point of having duplicates. If they really need a duplicate issue in another project, they tend to create a "stub" and link it to the original with a message saying "go look over there". Problem with trying to keep two issues in sync is that you have to code for every type of change - it gets long and messy quickly.

Thanks Nic

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Calling all Jira Cloud users! Give us feedback on our exploration of a new navigation.

Hi everyone! My name’s Matt and I’m a product manager at Atlassian. I work in the navigation & findability space for all our Jira Cloud products. We’ve been working on trying to improve the exp...

878 views 14 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you