suggestions for add ons for my workflow

C May 24, 2017

Hi

I am looking for help in figuring out which, if any, addon's to JIRA would help with this scenario.

I have an issue workflow that has a number of handoffs and steps between them. 

Each handoff is either successful or Not

Where a handoff is not successful the process goes back in a loop and repeats a few steps and the handover is repeated.

The reporting of the handovers takes place after the event, so I need to report off a manually inputted date rather than actual input time

I need to report the number of handoffs each issue had that were and were not successful by date  - so I can do nice looking graphs and charts

1 comment

Eva Kasiak May 25, 2017

Hi Cillian, 

sounds like you would like to report how many times the ticket/issue was in particular status. And eventually add there the date/

You can consider custom JQL like this 

project = "project xxx" AND status was in ("Awaiting approval", Canceled) AFTER endOfDay() 

and then if you want to display this on the graph or chart, use gadgets on the Dashboard (favourite filter or something similar) and include this JQL into a gadget

C May 25, 2017

Hi

Thanks but will that actually count the number of times an issues was at a particular status - for example

an issue is created and status is "in progress"

The issue is fixed and status is "fixed"

The issue then is tested and failed so its back at "in progress"

Then "Fixed" again, and failed again so Back to "in progress" then (finally!) to "Fixed" and as it passes testing "approved"

How do I count for this issue that it was "in progress" 3 times?

Eva Kasiak May 25, 2017

as far as I know it is not possible to use JIRA's JQL to query that, you can consider using add on from the marketplace to do it.  not sure which JIRA you have. here is the link to the marketplace https://marketplace.atlassian.com

C May 25, 2017

Thanks - thats what I thought :-)

My post was really looking for help/advice/experince from anyone who had a similar requirement and who may be able to recommend a addon....

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events