filter issues assigned to certain user, certain issue type, and current user in user picker cf

Ian Balas February 27, 2019

Hey guys,

I need to create a JQL filter for the marketing team at my job so that we could pull issues that meet the following criteria:

• issuetype equals "Monthly Job"
  • status can only be : "1st Proof", "2nd Proof", "Brief Due", "Copy Due", "Final Proof/Complete", "In Progress", "Layout & Design Due", "To Do", "Under Review"
  • Assignee could be anyone
  • current user is selected in a User Picker (multiple users) custom field called "Assignee(s)"

I have this so far 

issuetype = "Monthly Job" AND status in ("1st Proof", "2nd Proof", "Brief Due", "Copy Due", "Final Proof/Complete", "In Progress", "Layout & Design Due", "To Do", "Under Review") AND assignee in (currentUser()) OR (currentUser()) in "Assignee(s))

And the  (OR (currentUser()) in "Assignee(s))) part is not working. 

Any help would be appreciated

1 comment

Comment

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

You need to be clear on what you are searching for. 

Assignee(s) = currentUser() is the syntax for looking for where the value of "Assignee(s)" is the current user. 

I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to search for, but if you want the assignee to be Anyone, just not empty, you should use "Assignee is not empty"

Ian Balas February 28, 2019

Screenshot (16).png

Okay, so this issue that I took a screenshot of is one that fulfills the criteria of the filter I want to create. 

• Issue type is "Monthly Job"
  • Assignee (system field) is Lauren C
  • Assignee(s) (a multi-user picker custom field that I made) listed are David S, Gelisa H, Phil R, Lauren C, and Megan C

If I were one of the "Assignee(s)", say David S, I want to see this issue come up in the filter, even though I'm not the main "Assignee" (system field). 

The problem is that I don't know how to make it so that the filter recognizes the current logged on user as one of the "Assignee(s)". That's the one part of the filter that I haven't figured out yet.

---

However, I did go by your suggestion in making sure that the "Assignee(s)" field is not empty (subsequentially adding [OR "Assignee(s) is not EMPTY] to the JQL), and this seems to work for now. So I appreciate your help with that.

This works for now, but there will be a time where only a few of the users will be in the "Assignee(s)" field for certain "Monthly Jobs" such as SE) Time Punch, where only David S and Phil R would be in the "Assignee(s)" field. I wouldn't want this issue popping up for Gelisa H or Megan C.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2019

Ian, 

I think I understand. So you don't care who the system field "Assignee" is? That could be anybody, but if it is you, you need the ticket to show up? 

Try this filter: 

issuetype = "Monthly Job" AND status in ("1st Proof", "2nd Proof", "Brief Due", "Copy Due", "Final Proof/Complete", "In Progress", "Layout & Design Due", "To Do", "Under Review") AND (assignee = currentUser() OR Assignee(s) = currentUser()). 

This will return for you all tickets that meet the following criteria: 

• issuetype equals "Monthly Job"
  • status can only be : "1st Proof", "2nd Proof", "Brief Due", "Copy Due", "Final Proof/Complete", "In Progress", "Layout & Design Due", "To Do", "Under Review"
  • Any ticket where the "Assignee" or "Assignee(s)" field is the current user. 
Like Josh Campbell likes this
Ian Balas March 4, 2019

This works perfectly, thank you!

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2019

Ian, 

Please accept the answer if it works for you!

EDIT: I didn't realize this was a discussion, please disregard!

Thanks, 

Kian

Like Ian Balas likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events