burndown, burnup chart, velocity chart not working with story points

helo everyone, i have problem with jira report. i estimate for task in sprint. but when i running sprint, i can't see a burndown report. please help me urgent !

2 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

• Could you describe your board setup to us?
  • What type of board and project are you on?  ((We're looking for team or company managed projext type, and for board, whether it is Scrum, Kanban, or a JWM project)

Assuming it is a Company-managed scrum or kanban

• What is the board query?
  • Have you any un-mapped status?
  • Are your "done" issues in the very last column on the board?

1> we using subtask, it not working for burndown and burnup chart, right?
2> we will hide task when done in last column, it mean all task in close sprint will not show in active sprint. so velocity can't show it, right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

1. Burndown is a function of sprints.  Sub tasks (in Jira) are part of a story, not sprint items.  So sprint estimation on sub tasks is nonsense.  Do not do it (other estimation is fine, just not sprint/scrum)

2. If you hide it, then by definition, you cannot report on it.

thank you so much!

Best wishes,
Long

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2022

Help you with what?  We've already explained what you're doing that needs to change.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events