atlassian-plugin.xml allows websections with "." in keys, but presents error on collapsed menus

Diego Ferreira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

Hey everybody, 

Recently I've stumbled in an issue with one of our plugins. We were getting this wierd error when using a Jira with a smaller window.

Error happens when windows forces Jira UI to collapse some menus under "More" and on mouse over a given websection, it would throw a JS error.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_state' of null

with it's source in 

module-key = 'com.atlassian.auiplugin:internal-@atlassian-aui-src-js-aui-internal-state

The reason why is that it should find the aui-dropdown menu for this websection, but it does not render, if the key contains something like "my.plugin.web-section".

But it properly renders if key is set as "my-plugin-web-section".

No errors occur if the window is wide enough for the menu item be presented individually.

Is there some documentation for best practices on this, or have I hit a bug?

1 comment

Comment

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017
Diego Ferreira
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2017

Thanks Matt,

Your link is broken for me though =]

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events