adding a timeline to Jira

Andy Kwok September 25, 2018

I'm looking to add a timeline to Jira, to allow sprint and resource planning.

I was thinking about Portfolio but I'm not sure as the modules in Jira are plenty.

Any feedback on Portfolio? If there are others recommandation, I'm all ears.

Thanks

2 comments

Chelsea C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2018

There are a few options for getting a timeline of work in Jira Software:

Danielle October 24, 2018

@Chelsea C How do you add tasks and stories to the timeline view. In the classic projects I used Epics as an umbrella for tasks, stories and bugs. I would like to see this translated in the timeline view.

Chelsea C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2018

Hi @Danielle! While you Epics can be use as a parent issue type in next-gen projects, the Roadmaps feature currently offers the ability to plan only the Epic.

Keep an eye on the Jira Software product roadmap we posted last week as part of our announcement about the new Jira. This is where we will communicate updates on features as they are rolled out to Jira Software Cloud.

In the meantime, I'd recommend continuing to use classic projects with Portfolio for Jira in order to have tasks, stories, and bugs included in your planning timeline.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events