Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access to jira

Haroon Habibi July 22, 2022

I regularly work getting reports and data from Jira, and currently I have to do searches and download the files to stick them into a Python script. It would be much easier if the script could connect directly to the Jira servers and get the information from there.  Can I request access to a particular one if I need it in the future?

1 comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2022

@Haroon Habibi - can you elaborate?

Know your Jira hosting type? Is this Jira Cloud, Jira Data Center, or Jira Server?

Haroon Habibi July 22, 2022

lets say for example it is a Jira Server

Haroon Habibi July 29, 2022

When exporting data from a Jira ticket to "Printable", word doc or XML, the sub-tasks are listed. If I want a "complete" export, with all the data from the subtasks included at the task-level export, is that possible to automate?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

What is the goal of getting this output? 

Like Haroon Habibi likes this
Haroon Habibi August 1, 2022

To capture the state of a test at one point in time for configuration management, and perhaps eventually releasing to teamcenter.

Haroon Habibi August 1, 2022

Hi @Dave Liao ,

May I please get an answer for the above question? thank you!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2022
lets say for example it is a Jira Server

Are you actually working within a Jira instance, or is this a theoretical question? :)

Is the goal to regularly export Jira data to another system?

If so, what's the business goal you're trying to meet? Is it business intelligence?

I'm not clear on what the ask is. Appreciate any insights!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events