cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your use of jira

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

Hello everyone,

i want to push the use of jira in my company. I'm working with jira since 2 years and half approximatively so i think i'm new with jira. So i wanted to know what kind of complex project do you set up for your client or company.

I think some example can help me to promote jira.

Thank in advance for your reply

Kind regards

2 comments

Comment

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

Hey @Mohamed Benziane

I used to be a Jira and Jira Service Desk admin for my previous company. I was the person solely responsible for getting Jira accepted in the company and doing all the configurations.

At first I set it up just for the IT team so we could start managing our requests like IT Support, Hardware Orders, Software Access Requests and VPN Access. Once we got that under control, we expanded it to our developers to assist with website bug reports and other on prem software issues.

After that I continued down the JSD path to integrate it into our Merchandising department so they can field the following;

• Data Requests (fixing product descriptions and images on the website)
  • New Brand Requests (bringing on brands for our company) and a couple of other things

Our Facilities team also adopted JSD to field all facilities related requests.

Part of our executive team also used JSD to take Travel Requests and Office Supply Order Requests.

IT and HR collaborated on an onboarding request in the IT project. That is where we both assisted each other with onboarding. They or the manager would make the ticket, everyone from IT and HR would be automatically added to it and we would both get to work on what needed to be done.

As I was leaving the company, we were in the process of bringing HR fully onboard to Jira and our Security and Privacy team.

I now work for an Atlassian Partner and so far I've seen some of the same things I used to configure but just on a larger scale. Our development team didn't really exist or was a 3rd party but I see lots of companies that have full projects just for their developers or for specific apps. The capabilities with Jira and JSD are practically endless.

Ben Poulson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

We've got a few more complicated projects set up. Off the top of my head:

• IT/HR Onboarding/Offboarding
  • A project to keep track of clients who have dropped our product
    • When a client drops, half a dozen different teams need info about it to properly terminate it from our end
    • I set up a project whereby the account manager for that client fills out 1 form, then all of the associated tickets get created and linked, then the overarching ticket is automatically closed once all of the linked tickets are finished, with automatic notifications at each step.
    • Before we had this project, it was up to the account manager to create each ticket (but they wouldn't necessarily know about every ticket that needs to be created), and keep track of them.
  • A couple projects to manage our ETL process
    • These projects are (almost) completely automated
    • Integrated with our ETL tools to show the status of each dataload (Waiting for files, in progress, failed, in QA, etc.)
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events