Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOUR DREAM JIRA FEATURE

Ismail Sanni February 16, 2022

Hi guys, my name is Ismail and I'm a Linux administrator turned Jira administrator.

Let's start a discussion and share views on the topic below.

IF YOU WERE TO ADD A NEW FEATURE ON JIRA, WHAT FEATURE WILL YOU ADD? (PROVIDED THEY ARE NOT ALREADY ON JIRA RIGHT NOT)

For me I will add a platform for meetings (video, audio and screensharing) instead of using teams to discuss about Jira projects.

2 comments

Comment

Richard Echeandia February 16, 2022

For me the issue I run into on a weekly basis is how to include checklists in Jira tasks.   The fact that there are so many add-on products to provide this indicates a strong need.

Like Ismail Sanni likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2022

End-user adaptive AI.

Not one that makes "Clippy"'s utterly useless suggestions, but one that would look at how each individual (and I don't just mean humans, I mean other things like external reporting tools, and code that uses Jira's REST API to extract information) and 

• Adjust things to suit them
  • When they're doing it wrong, inform, or even block, what they're doing

On adjust, I'm going to go back to Clippy - terrible though that was, a lot of us humans would like to be asked "you seem to be trying to fiddle with colours, would you like me to run you through something that gets you a dark theme?", or "Your report is telling you this, are you sure that's what you really wanted from it?"

My first few sprints on that would start with basic UI personalisation of colour and font (limited to non-shared items of course - when you're working together, you need to be seeing the same thing, so the next couple of sprints might be on getting the AI to suggest a happy medium), then maybe who wants what simplified, then reports that suit this person, and and and. 

"When it's wrong" is a lot more contentious, because humans don't like being told they're getting it wrong.  But we take it better from computers than we do from other humans.  So an AI that says "I've noticed you are putting sprint estimates on sub-tasks, and that might not be a good idea, and here's why" will usually be better received than your scrum-master having to tell you "don't do that, it's not Scrum"

Like Ismail Sanni likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events