Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workaround For Agent Approvers Not Getting Emails

Paul Tiseo May 29, 2019

So, I created a workflow to get agent peer approvals. Then, I found out that agents will not get approval emails due to a flaw in Jira Service Desk. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4207/

Is there a way to trigger these emails via the normal notification system as Jira does, maybe via ScriptRunner, which we have available, until the bug is fixed? (Knowing Atlassian, this could take 10+ years. :) )

2 comments

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2019

I'm also looking to do this. Aside from creating a custom approval process utilizing Scriptrunner (Not utilizing built in Service Desk functionality) I have yet to find a way.

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Couldn't you just - write a post-function to remove the approver from the field after approval? The event wouldn't be fired to send notification until after the transition completes.

Not sure if this would work or not, but reading the workaround I don't see why this wouldn't work?

If you needed to save the approver user data have another post-function to add them to a customfield saving for historical purpose.

Not sure if it would work, but just an idea.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events