WordPress Plugin to integrate Jira on a website

Kai April 9, 2017

We had to find a solution for displaying Jira issues on a website which uses WordPress as Content Management System (CMS). Every user who has access to the website should also have access to particular Jira issues without signing in to Jira.

We did not find any appropriate solution which fits our needs, so we developed an easy-to-use WordPress Plugin which meets all our requirements:

• Display Jira issues on a WordPress website
  • Enable public access to Jira issues without signing in to Jira
  • Integrate only particular issues which match advanced search criteria
  • Display multiple lists with different search criteria
  • Show selected Jira issue fields as preview and more fields on demand
  • Support customizable labels for Jira issue fields

To make the WordPress Plugin available for everyone we host it on the WordPress Plugin Directory. It is free! If you have the same problem to solve, just install our WordPress Plugin and let us know if you need any help!

For more information about WordPress Plugin Development by CRANE APP from Dresden and our WordPress Plugin CRANE APP Jira Integration visit our website or contribute to this discussion.

9 comments

Comment

Richard Cook September 24, 2017

Top job with this, well done;) Kudos

Joseph Slater July 16, 2020

this is very cool, thanks!

Leticia March 21, 2018

This looks great, but guessing it's unsupported? The last activity was a question about a dysfunction in the app (which I'm also having) four months ago, which was not answered. 

Kai March 22, 2018

Hello Leticia,

Thank you for your comment. You're absolutely right, we've disregarded further development for several months. Unfortunatly, we had no time - up to now!

We will release a new version by the end of April 2018 and try to fetch all issues.

Just follow our new Slack channel to keep up to date: Join #jira-integration

See you soon!

Kai, WordPress developer at CRANE APP

Like Tanmoy Chakraborty likes this
Roberto Galoppini September 25, 2018

Hi Kai,

I understand you're busy and I do know how Open Source works, just wondering if by sponsoring its development we could help the process and speed it up.

Feel free to reach out directly to me to discuss it further.

Thanks in advance,

Roberto

gulab singh December 18, 2019

Integration of wp with jira idea sounds good. Can you please share the plugin details and share the details how the plugin works, if you have the video. 

Elena Caramanico July 2, 2019

still working?

Tanmoy Chakraborty October 11, 2019

This one is really helpful!

Austin Roorda February 26, 2020

Will this plugin work with the most recent version of Elementor that I'm using? (v2.9.2)
I want to show off my task board on a page on my website so I can show off my development process! 

Express Services January 6, 2021

Still working ? please share updated link.
i have seen the following error while i have been trying to install/find-out this plugin.
error details on wordpress.org

"This plugin has been closed as of July 5, 2019 and is not available for download. Reason: Guideline Violation."

please assist.
thank you.
shakeelsaeed.com

butlerblog March 18, 2021

Plugin data generally remains in the SVN repo even if they are closed.  So if you cannot access or download through wordpress.org or the WP plugin panel in WP, you can use an SVN client to run a checkout from the repo.

Cosmin Cremarenco April 6, 2021

We're doing a native WordPress plugin to integrate with JIRA. It's possible to display issues in WordPress given by a JPQL filter, create new issues directly from WordPress and other features.

There's a live instance of the plugin running below demonstrating some possible use cases:

https://www.snowlinesoftware.com/btjdemo/ 

Brian Sweet August 20, 2021

Is the plugin still being developed?

Like Cosmin Cremarenco likes this
Cosmin Cremarenco August 22, 2021

It is, with paying customers.

Check-out the link above for more info.

Matt May 1, 2021

Hi,

We have developed a tiny plugin to integrate the Jira with Wordpress. 

kevinrayborc June 10, 2021

¿Cómo es posible acceder a ello?

Matt June 11, 2021

Hi,

Do you want to see the demo?

Register here

https://threepupils.com/jira-plugin/

Like Sergio Barea likes this
Cosmin Cremarenco June 11, 2021

The plugin the person above is speaking of was developed by my company.

The blog below exhibits live integration with JIRA.

The plugin which is still under active development.

https://www.snowlinesoftware.com/btjdemo/

Like Matt likes this
Matt June 11, 2021

Hi Cosmin,

Thanks for commenting. Apologies for the confusion here. We are not demoing the plugin you have developed. We can schedule a demo and clear the confusion. Your plugin is huge and we have done a tiny plugin which integrates with Jira differently.

Thanks,

kevinrayborc June 14, 2021

Mi pregunta iba a sobre ¿dónde de puede adquirir el complemento?

Estuve buscandolo en el repositorio de wordpress pero no existe. 

Matt June 14, 2021

It is not available in WordPress Repo. You can get it from us.

Like carlos carrasco likes this
David Moral July 7, 2021

Hola, desde donde puedo conseguir ese plugin? Estoy buscando por JIRA y no lo encuentro

Sergio Barea July 7, 2021

I have seen the demo but I have a question. I want users to access my website, and from there they log in with the JIRA user, and they can now access different sections that we have created. Does this plugin generate a login box?

Matt July 8, 2021

Hi,

The plugin allows the your web visitor to log an issue directly to JIRA via Wordpress. You can make the page private where visitor has to login to your site and log an issue. The idea of providing a login box for Jira User is possible. But, we thought it is redundant. Because a Jira user can login to Jira directly and log a bug. The main use case of the plugin is, a user who is not part of the Jira can log the issue. Ex, a stakeholder, or a service provider for your product can log the issue without the access to Jira. 

Hope it helps you. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Like David Moral likes this
Sergio Barea July 9, 2021

The question is, I have a part of the page that is private, and I only want people that I register to have access. Within this section they will have a series of forms that can only be accessed if they are Jira users that I have given access. What I want to avoid is a double login when accessing my website and when accessing the jira. I want my website to be able to log in with the jira user provided.

freshlabs Tech-Support November 10, 2021

This is sketchy. Your domain miraget dot com does not even have a valid SSL certificate. And you know what makes a good wordpress plugin? You just go to the wordpress plugin directory and download a free version and use it. no registration or confusing ways to download via some jira workspace. if the plugin would be any good there surely would be a PRO version or subscription....but the hassle you put users through is not worth trying. same with LEWE jira connector requiring a ton of logins  or CRANE APP not being updated for years. I am yet to see a jira plugin for wordpress that is not sketchy.

Like David Moral likes this
Cosmin Cremarenco October 8, 2022

We also developed the JIRA Cloud plugin below which might be useful to you for integrating JIRA with WordPress.

Export to WordPress  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events