Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the best cloud platform to run JIRA and Confluence applications

Nallareddy Manasa July 5, 2022

Hello,

Actually we planning to migrate JIRA and Confluence server versions to cloud , please suggest me which cloud platform is best suites like Atlassian cloud or AWS cloud or Azure or Goggle cloud? 

Cost effective , secure platform is required.

2 comments

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

AWS is the platform Atlassian supports with dedicated Data Center templates for quick start and this the cloud provider that I see most frequently in Atlassian context. (In fact, their cloud offerings, Forge, etc. are hosted on AWS as far as I know.)

It would be the first thing you try if you're looking for a long-term reliable solution.

Nallareddy Manasa July 6, 2022

Thank you for your valuable suggestion!

Using AWS as platform , does we need to buy software licenses separately for each application?

Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

Hi @Nallareddy Manasa 

Yes you will need a license for each Product you want to use, one for Jira Software, one for Confluence, etc. each license depends on the number of users you need. 

Here is the doc with all the infos you need about license: 
https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/data-center

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dam.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2022

If you want to self-host the Atlassian applications (but not on your own hardware), then you need to purchase the license for those. So your TCO = AWS costs + Atlassian license fees.

If you just want to use Atlassian applications in the cloud, you should consider using their SaaS offerings.

Like Dam likes this
kemobetter August 17, 2022

My favorite one is the Google cloud platform. I use it because of its reliability and simplicity.
But what’s even more important is how you connect all the systems in your company to this new cloud platform. You would need a good cloud adoption service like this Technology Solutions company. They offer a wide range of services, including cloud adoption, cloud-native software development, and data engineering. I prefer to trust as least a part of this job to an outsource company to make sure my employees are not overworking. This company won my attention because they work with many successful startups and even have some projects with the government.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events