What is you think about new Jira interface?

Руслан Терехов July 11, 2019

In my opinion, it's terrible.

2 comments

Comment

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2019

There is no perfect interface for everyone. You can like it or not (comparing to older version), but overall you should list what is actually terrible so that development team could get that feedback and maybe change the concept. By saying only "terrible" it would really hard for you to change something also.. It is not a constructive feedback.

Create few screenshots, mark what you do not like and then we can rise this to the dev team and maybe they can get to you with their feedback (why this is build in that way or give any other purpose)

Was there anything that you really liked in "old" Jira interface? Even it is terrible do you find anything better in "new" interface?

Руслан Терехов July 13, 2019

I don't speak English well. So I have just tried to start the discuss about the problem. When I faced to issue I usually use "Give Feedback" menu. But I have not received answers never.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2019

When we upgraded from Jira 7.5.0 to 8.1.0, I knew that there were going to be some users who were going to hate the new interface.  These are also the same users that hated the "new" interface that last time there was a major UI update, and these are the same people that are now requesting to go back to that which they hated previously.

What I discovered is that they don't hate the new UI as much as they had grown accustomed to the way things were and how they interacted with the product on a day to day basis.

I agre with @Mirek are there any specific things that you dislike?  Saying the whole thing is terrible makes it hard to know what can/needs to be improved to make it easier for you to use.

Руслан Терехов July 16, 2019

For example, some hotkeys was broken. Hotkeys "." and "w" doesn't works right now.

Moreover, some of old function doesn't works right in old interface. For example, if someone are inserting pictures using new interface those pictures doesn't fit to screen on old interface.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events