Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Jira search (using JQL) are you most proud of?

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2021

It's no secret that JQL is one of the most powerful ways to search Jira. The flexibility it provides in slicing and dicing issue data is great!

One of my most useful queries involved travel data. When Atlassians visit other Atlassian offices (pre-COVID of course), they fill out a Jira issue that lets the office they're visiting know they're coming. It helps make it simple for the "visiting" office to have a desk ready, enable that Atlassian's badge to work with the elevators, and even plan a place to stay.

Using a couple relatively simple JQL queries, I was able to make a Jira dashboard that showed the staff at the desk who was arriving that week at a glance, who was departing, and anybody that might be around for some of our favorite local office traditions! As an extension, we could even forecast when the number of visitors might overrun the number of available desks.

What's a JQL query you're especially proud of? How was it useful to you or your team?

P.S. Like posters? Check out the official JQL cheat sheet!

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

It's not a search I'm proud of, as it's really not that clever and it's not a "full" search.

But  one of "issuetype in subTaskIssueType()" and "issuetype in standardIssueType()" ought to be built into the quickfilters on boards - I'd say 1/3 of my Jira clients find one of them very useful.

Like Daniel Eads likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events