Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to create jira automatically from a feature request UI in our KB

Gilbert Louis September 24, 2018

Hi, looking to implement a very simple UI page to allow our existing customers to suggest improvements on existing features or suggest new features.

This page would live in our Knowledgebase but as customers leave their feedback it would create automatically a JIRA at the back end with either improvements or new feature linked to a specific Epic so I can see all of them together to decide on my next steps with them.

and I can see in them who they are, their suggestion type and their comments in description.

Based on what I read so far this seems possible with JIRA but I'm looking to find out how to implement this flow.

And for those of you who already implemented such a flow any recommendations?

is it a good idea to show them and allow customers to vote on them?

Thx

2 comments

Burak Kocak September 24, 2018

You have two options,

First option;

Create a customer feedback project and a new permission scheme for this project with giving browse and create issue (maybe vote) permisson to your customers.. check your other projects permission schemes to be sure  not to give access to them. 

Second option;

You can send email from ui that you created and send email to jira to create issues.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-802592933.html#Creatingissuesandcommentsfromemail-Createanewissuefromeachemailmessage

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

I agree with @Burak Kocak, but there are a couple of further options as well :

• Jira has a built in Issue Collector, which, although fairly restrictive, is designed for situations like this (in terms of creating the issues)
  • You can use the REST API to create the issues. We currently have an ASP.Net / C# browser app which is essentially a form on the front end that users can fill in, then the app creates a Jira issue and shows the customer the newly created Jira ID. It's probably the most work but most flexible option

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events