cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Jira in a Non-Traditional Way

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

Have you ever had to or tried to set up a Jira instance that goes against what it was designed for?

I'd love to hear some really weird uses of Jira that might seem crazy but ultimately work.

So far my favourite one is:

Using Jira as a modelling tool to test out different ways of organising work. Of course this meant that eventually they'd use Jira in the traditional way but they wanted to reset it every week until they found the best solution.

I guess this made more sense to them than sitting down and talking through it.

Well this might not be the craziest, but can you top it?

1 comment

Comment

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

Jira was originally intended as Bug Tracker, am I right?

Now it is possible to do al sorts of things with Jira, because everyone can use an issue tracker and (if using Jira Software) Kanban boards. ;)

I can imagine it to be used as reservation tool for restaurants, managing orders at an online shop or as a borrowing list for libraries (Keep in mind I >imagine<, not recommend any of these things).

First hand I don't use Jira for crazy things. A not-so-crazy but also not intended usage is maybe using it as Asset Tracker?

And please remember DJ Kanban! :D

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events